WCNY radio’s Berth Fertig interviews Katie Schaffer, Director of Organizing and Advocacy at the Center for Community Alternatives, and Robin DelPiore, member of the Center for Community Alternatives and mother of an incarcerated New Yorker, to learn more about the impact of fines and fees around New York state. Listen here.
- WCNY The Capitol Pressroom: Lawmakers Move to End Policing for Profit in New York
- Law 360: NY Push To Nix Court Fines, Fees Could Spread Nationwide
- AP News: Proposal Would Curb Mandatory Court Fees for Poor Defendants
- Press Highlights: No Price on Justice Campaign Launch
- Buffalo News Editorial: New York should stop collecting fines and fees during the COVID-19 pandemic